CLARIFICATION ON THE FICTITIOUS 7 BILLION NAIRA ISOLATION TENT IN FMC LOKOJA:
● The claim that 7 billion was spent on erecting a Marquee tent as an Isolation center is the height of falsehood conjured by no other than Mischief makers.
● It should be on record that this is a facility within the Federal Medical Center Lokoja. Earlier this year, FMC requested for a Tent from the State Ministry of Health to be used as an Isolation center for Lassa Fever and the SMOH donated one from the State Medical store. As at the time of donation, the Marquee tent cost about 2 million naira. The equipping of the Marquee was done by FMC. How 7 billion was then expended should be directed to the management of FMC lokoja, that is if it even carries the merit of a question. All we did was to make a donation to a Federal agency within our State for the purpose of Lassa fever Isolation.
● The incident was a Natural disaster, a rainstorm that ravaged many parts of Lokoja. It makes no sense for anyone to celebrate this except unpatriotic mischief makers and rumour peddlers hell bent on pelting this administration with whatever figment of falsehood their corrupted minds can conjure. It is sad that at a period when others are uniting to fight a ravaging pandemic, Kogi State is unfortunate to host renegades who do nothing but seek for negative news to spread about the State. Who plays politics when people’s life is at stake except the ignorant, belligrent and cruel at heart.
● The general public are advised to disregard such bogus and fictitious claims that are only aimed at spreading mischief.
● The State Government is however willing to invite the Anti-graft Agencies to investigate how 7 billion naira was expended on the Project since we only provided the tent, if the rumour is to be given any credibility.
Dr Saka Haruna Audu
Honourable Commissioner for Health